Any church volunteer who is around children or youth is required to obtain the following clearances. Please call the church office if you have any questions. These are the only clearances we will are able to accept.
PA State Police Background Check
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Click “New Record Check (volunteer only)” – yellow button
- Follow instructions to complete the form
- This is a free clearance – no money is needed
- If your record is clear, the clearance will be generated immediately.
- Click “Print” and bring to the church
PA Child Abuse Clearance (Act 33)
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Click “Create Individual Login” and follow the instructions to create an individual login.
- Click “Login” and choose to access you clearances.
- Once you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the site, click “Create Clearance Application” in the top right corner of the page.
- Choose “Volunteer”. For Volunteer Category type “Other” and type “Christ Community UMC” as the Volunteer Agency.
- Follow the rest of the instructions and fill out the form. Please read carefully.
- Once your certificate has completed, click “Print” and bring to the church.